Quotes about The Sunrise, our music, and the albums We Have Not Heard and Spread The Word:
"Man that's good! Are you going to give me a copy?"
- Phil Keaggy (Jul 9, 2010)
"Sweet, melodic and moving, just a few words to describe The Sunrise Band. The joy of music lives in our hearts and souls, one of many gifts bestowed by our Lord and so beautifully conveyed by The Sunrise Band."
- Chris Hillman, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee, Member of The Byrds & The Flying Burrito Brothers. (Nov 9, 2010)
"The Sunrise is certainly in a class of its own. [We Have Not Heard] is a title we are truly excited about."
- Andy Argyrakis, Gospel Music Channel (July 17, 2012)
"a fine album [Spread The Word] with pointed lyrics addressing romantic love, social justice, pride, emotional abuse, spiritual transformation, and even an altar call."
- Mark Morning, Christianity Today Magazine (May 24, 2011)
"Not only myself, but several members of the group heard the CD [Spread The Word], very nicely done. Playing and singing very solid and the message was great."
- Burleigh Drummond, Ambrosia (August 4, 2011)
"I did listen to your album [Spread The Word] and was mightily impressed by both the quality of the compositions and your performances. Plus, the sound is great, whoever produced it did a very good job. It bodes well for the future."
- Iain Matthews, Founding member of Fairport Convention and Matthews Southern Comfort (Oct 1, 2011)
"It gave me a bit of a thrill to hear a new artist with original music that fits so well with what we play at Jesus Music Revival. "
- Doug Rink, Jesus Music Revival Radio (Oct 17, 2011)
"You've got kind of a Beatles sound on many of your songs. That's very nice. Keep at it. I'm sure you'll reach many souls this way. "
- John Ford Coley of England Dan & John Ford Coley (Sep 26, 2011)
"For anyone who loves the music of '70s radio pop, this can be a true find."
- Stephen Devillion, Goldmine Magazine (Sep 18, 2010)
"I enjoyed your disc and played a cut in the "Cleveland Connection" [on WNCX] and got good response. Keep up the good work!"
- Michael Stanley, WNCX 98.5 FM Cleveland DJ, and noted Musician. (Apr 12, 2011)
"They [The Sunrise] are able to show the beauty present in Christianity while making some great music – buy a copy of “Spread the Word” if you’d like to see what I mean."
- James McQuiston, NeuFutur Magazine (Jan 12, 2011)
"These free spirits have made music that is contagious and you will ALL see The Sunrise coming up over the horizon very soon."
- Jimmy Rae, Skope Magazine (Jan 19, 2011)
"...the band sounds like Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young and Jesus."
- John Benson, The Cleveland Plain Dealer (Sep 10, 2010)
"I have listened to your music and I like it very much. I feel your music is something that we can and will air on our station, and will minister to people as well."
- Joyce Banks, T.W.N.S. Radio (On-line radio station) (Jun 27, 2010)
"Really love how you have captured the 'Jesus Music' sound, incredible! A great album."
- Flame CCR Radio, Christian Radio station near Liverpool, U.K. (Jun 28, 2010)
"Overall, Spread the Word is a good choice for fans of Christian music from the '70s"
- Jesusfreakhideout.com (Jul 14, 2010)